Sunday, January 17, 2010

New year, new thoughts...

Yesterday I took some time to look at what do I have in my life. What groups do I have? What shows do I like on TV or songs from various musical sources? It was interesting to rattle off this and that and have a picture of where do I stand. I noticed that while I seem to be socializing more, there also seems to be the challenge of how to connect with others and feel that connection. Perhaps I just didn't get the exposure when I was little to work out my senses for it, but it is a major struggle for me now.

Hopefully this will be a good year in figuring out what I want and seeing some of it,up close and experience the awesome that is life.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you would be encouraged by these videos and quotes: enjoy! http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=100011161
    (Jeremy Camp: I'll take you back)
    be encouraged, and congrats on your exciting news of your baptism! for you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDXEvkS0iPA&feature=player_embedded
    (Addison Road: Hope Now)
    quotes say so much with so little:
    "Vocation means finding a purpose for one’s life that is part of the purposes of God." James Fowler
    "We make a living from what we get. We make a life from what we give. What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world is immortal." George Eliot
    "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life." Mary Oliver
    take care, JB! and enjoy! many blessings for a new week! maybe you can add to your blog your rising journey or engaging in a returning passion? I believe in you! you are here for a reason! ;) may you follow your heart always!
    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete