Saturday, April 16, 2011

Navigating the world

Last weekend's Personal Best Seminar was quite the experience. There were a few big things I learned during it and the first week afterward:

1. What I've buried and didn't recognize when I first took it out were my dreams. When I was younger I put away what I wanted to ensure I got the basics of my life resolved. This meant that things like school and paying bills were done so that the grand joys of life would have to come later. Well it is now later and I want to find those joys.

2. Being hyper-emotional is my new normal. This means that little things can send me into a tear-y episode like discussing how to take a compliment. At the same time, I don't seem to be able to force myself into that state. If I try to force myself there is an odd resistance that I wish I understood. There is likely some great lesson to come from riding the highs and lows of emotions yet I don't know it at the moment.

3. The knowledge of my strengths is getting yet another revision. I do understand how I like absorbing knowledge, processing it, analyzing it and transforming it for various purposes. This can be quite the ability at times. At the same time, my tendency to throw myself heavily into things is another interesting note as my dancing adventure last night reminded me of how I may take some time to get comfortable but then I stay in for the long haul.

4. Some of my limitations have been cut down rather substantially though that emotional stuff throws me for a loop at times. Growth is a wonderful thing. What kinds of other changes await me further in the year? I wish I knew.

Now to look forward to a night of cards after I check out some places.

No comments:

Post a Comment