Thursday, October 13, 2011

Twists and turns in my life...

Tonight I had a few odd episodes that I feel worth jotting down somewhere out here:

First, there was the disc I was to pick up from the wellness center where I'm having an assessment done. As I'm about to get in the elevator to go up to their floor, out comes someone I know and tells me that the disc is being mailed to me. I had called last week to have them hold onto it but somehow I just managed to miss that. On the bright side, I did get to know when the next one would be which is of course a scheduling conflict with my Remarkable Man group but ah well laugh has these moments. I just roll with the punches and try to see humor where I can.

Second, there was an orientation tonight for the Calgary Homeless Foundation I thought according to my church at the McDougall Center but apparently that wasn't so. I talked to the security guard for a good 10 minutes before figuring, "Ok, maybe God has something better for me planned tonight."

Third would be the mastery about writing a book and getting it published. Very worthwhile exercises and suggestions found. At the end though I noticed a habit of mine. I helped clean up the room, stacking chairs and putting away tables. This just sort of reinforced for me how I like to be helpful and get things done. In the process of the exercises I now have 32 topics to write posts about which I plan to do over the next 32 days and see what happens. I also want to connect this blog with my Facebook, Twitter, all that good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment