Friday, August 10, 2012

People person, moi? Really?

Yet again in my life I confront the challenge that is, "Am I a people person?" to which I have to answer, "Yes, I am."  I say this in part because of how socializing can impact my day in both good and bad ways.  One of my biggest needs is to be connected to others which can take the form of some Facebook replies that I post a comment and then the original poster posts a follow-up that just melts me and hits my ooey-gooey center.  In a similar vein, if I had a day where I'm not reaching out to others, that tends to leave me feeling a bit hollow and empty.

Some people will tell me I have a beautiful soul.  I have reached a point in my life where I accept this compliment and try to avoid over-analyzing it.  I do think there is a lot to be said for how someone handles someone else crossing a boundary.  For example, I recently a Facebook friend post a private message that sparked a good discussion where I think opening up what was said allowed for some great exchanges of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment